
Jack & Ben start walking. 1/08
Pete starts Primary. 1/08
Jack and Ben turn 0ne! 2/10/08
Jack gets an orthotic helmet on and then off. 2/08
Pete is learning to read! 2/08
Wade gets another paper published 3/08
(Use of reverse micelles in membrane protein structural biology)
Pete starts soccer 3/08
Went on family trips. 3/08, 4/08
Peter turned 4! 5/08
Cristi turns nine and twenty.
Went on some more family trips. 5/08, 6/08
We moved to our first house (it's a rental, but still great!) 8/08
Jack & Ben at 18 months. 8/08
Dads first outing with all three boys by himself (piece a cake!) 10/08
Wade takes another trip to the Smokies. 11/08
Wade turns two and thirty. 12/13/08
Another year has come and gone! We entered 2008 living in an apartment with two babies under a year old and a 3-year-old toddler. Now, as we leave the year behind, our two babies, Jack and Ben, are entering toddler hood, and our toddler, Pete, is getting ready to start kindergarten next Fall! Peter is such a great helper and is such a fun kid. He absolutely loves to go hiking with Dad (who is always willing to go). He is such a happy, silly kid and he loves to laugh (he has a very infectious Pete laugh). Jack & Ben, now almost two years old, are talking, running, climbing, and showing us their distinct personalities. They love balls, playing outside, climbing on anything they can get their little hands and feet on, and wrastlin' with dad. They are adventurous and happy boys who keep me on my toes constantly.
Wade has been working very hard in the Sanders Lab at Vanderbilt. He has recently completed a project that is likely to be published. He has several other projects in progress. As for life outside of work, it's pretty hard to find these days. Wade has been working very long hours and spending time on weekends in lab to try to finish up his most recent project. He has found some time for photography and hiking with Pete (more so in the summer months, of course). He also started biking to work in the Fall and will pick it up again in the Spring. Wade is the best dad in the world (no kidding). He always finds time to play with the boys, do some serious wrastlin', and take Pete hiking. He often takes Pete to work with him when he goes in on the weekends. Wade and Pete have a very special relationship and are best buddies. All the boys love to see daddy walk in the door each evening.
I have been losing my mind chasing three boys (no offense to the truly clinically insane). I have discovered that it is hard work to feed, dress, clean, entertain, teach, and love these little boys, but I honestly wouldn't have it any other way. Some days I dream about getting a job. It's tempting to think of extra income and a little bit of sanity time away from the routine, but I know where I need to be right now. The boys may not need me, but I am learning (well, failing to learn is probably a better way to put it) some important life lessons in patience, being slow to anger, unconditional love, and so much more from these sweet and innocent little boys. They love me unconditionally, even when I lose my temper or royally screw up. I have also been working on little projects around the house and have recently been called as a primary teacher (which I am SO excited about). I also teach Peter's preschool co-op every other month and take the boys to playgroup and volleyball each week for some kid play time and mommy talk.
Life in Tennessee has been good. We've made some great friends who have become our family away from home. We're enjoying our time here and the joy of raising three boys. We wish everyone all the best for what remains of the holidays and a happy and healthy new year!
That sounds like a great and fulfilling year! Keep the updates coming and thanks so much for the holiday card! It's on the fridge. :)
ReplyDeleteMan I was getting a little teary. I need to write an update for 2008 here is goes.
ReplyDeleteWell said. I know a family with 3 girls about the same ages...it would be funny to compare notes.
ReplyDelete