On Friday, we had a Diego birthday party for Peter. We had 8 of his friends come over and just went crazy! As they arrived at 1:00pm, I had them choose an animal mask (jaguar, chinchilla, or spider monkey) and color an "Animal Rescuer Badge" to wear.
Then we started to sing some songs and do some dancing. This always seems to be a blast with 3-5 year olds and these kids were no different. We danced to "Count the Animals," "Five Little Monkeys," "Freeze Dance," "Ring Around the Rosie," and "Goin' on a Bear Hunt."
The kids loved it and at the end I got a call on Pete's animal rescue radio that there was an animal in trouble! Baby jaguar needed to be rescued. Luckily, we had a room full of expert animal rescuers, so we followed the clues around the house, down the stairs, into the grass, and back up to the apartment to find Baby Jaguar stuck under the table! After a daring rescue, the animal rescuers got a well-deserved snack of finger foods: cheese and crackers, fruit and veggies.After Pete opened his presents (every one of which he absolutely loved), we played a game of "Don't Eat Pete," and then wrapped up the party by dining on Baby Jaguar cupcakes and ice cream.
The baby brothers joined in the fun too and thank goodness my mom was in town to help out. Pete and the kids seemed to have fun and I thoroughly enjoyed it as well- I'd say it was a success!
The baby brothers joined in the fun too and thank goodness my mom was in town to help out. Pete and the kids seemed to have fun and I thoroughly enjoyed it as well- I'd say it was a success!
Later that night, when dad got home, we sang happy birthday to Pete and ate his Diego birthday cake as a family. My mom made this cake and I think it turned out pretty well.


Wow! What an awesome birthday party! Pete is lucky to have such a great and creative mom!
ReplyDeleteThat cake is awesome! Pass it along to your mom :)
ReplyDeleteHappy birthday little Peter! Your party looked really fun!
Wow! Impressive cake!!! You're mom can do about anyting, can't she? Happy belated bday to you and Peter. I remember seeing you in the hospital when you had Peter. He was quite a bit early and I just happened to be venturing through Utah en route to Nevada. Gosh...when will be get to see you guys again? I hope it's sooner than later.
ReplyDeleteFun times always when you have kids around, cake and games, why grow up? Let's not, ok ! Love Mom
ReplyDelete