Friday, May 02, 2008

flashback friday, dorm 6

1997-1998 I was a freshman at Ricks College. That year was full of more fun and silliness than an 18-year old should be allowed. It was a blast. It was also a time of serious study and learning (yeah right!). A few of my memories from living in dorm 6 include:

Late night Craigo's, Hogi Yogi, Getting addicted to Ben & Jerry's (which I paid for with my dining card. I think two meals in exchange for a pint of BJ's is a pretty good deal!), FHE groups, Playing pranks on, and getting pranked by, the boys from Rigby Hall (Girls rule, boys drool)!, Ward activities/parties, Intramural flag football, Gettin' down at college dances every weekend, Tuesday devotionals, Cafeteria food (which I loved!), Crazy fun roommates with whom I did everything and who became my family away from home. Unfortunately, I haven't been in touch with many of them for quite some time! (If you're reading this, please drop me a line and let me know how you're doing), And great ward friends who also became my home away from home. Just don't ask me to recall any of their names (- I must be getting old)!

Enjoy some photos of us in all our teenage glory:

Our intramural flag football team

Ready for the Inaugural Ball (I'm in the blue dress)
(President Bednaur was just made president of the college)

My roommates clockwise from the top left:
Marcie, Lilly, Celeste, (George, Paul, Ringo) Debbie, Becky, and Moi.

2 comments:

  1. I knew two of your roommates well (in the bottom pic): Debbie & Becky (she was from Riverside, CA too--where my parents are now). I was in Dorm 6 my Sophomore year (I was in Dorm 5 my Freshman yr., but they asked me to stay in the ward boundaries and be the R.S. Pres. in the 5th Ward...and that was Dorm 6 the next year). Those two were on my board. You must of had a lot of fun with them! Small world.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember Danna telling me all that when I was up there in that ward.

    ReplyDelete