Tuesday, August 12, 2008

18 months...

Ben & Jack were officially 18 months (aka 1 year 6 mos. or 1.5 years) on August 10. Although we kept them out on their first day of nursery because of some rather greenish nasal discharge (aka snot), they did have some fun on a hike at Edwin Warner Park on Saturday. This was their first hike without riding in backpacks, walking on their own four feet, which they absolutely loved, of course. If you look closely at the photos below, you can see just how much these boys LOVE to play IN the dirt. And, for posterity's sake (and for curious grandma's), I present the stats:

Name: Ben
Age: 18 months
Height: 32 inches (39%)
Weight: 26 lbs. 4 oz. (57%)
Head Circumference: 48 cm (57%)
Some of Ben's favorite things: eating food, drinking juice, throwing or kicking a ball, running around with his brothers, playing at the park, "wrastlin'" with his dad/brothers, reading stories with mom/dad, jumping on mom/dad/brothers, coloring, racing toy cars on the race track, doing whatever the big kids are doing!


Name: Jack
Age: 18 months
Height: 32 inches (39%)
Weight: 26 lbs. 7 oz. (62%)
Head Circumference: 48 cm (57%)
Some of Jack's favorite things: eating food, drinking juice, throwing or kicking a ball, running around with his brothers, playing at the park, "wrastlin'" with his dad/brothers, reading stories with mom/dad, jumping on mom/dad/brothers, taking baths, doing whatever the big kids are doing!

Note that Jack and Ben's Heads are the same circumference, which may not mean much to anyone else, but considering the plagiachephaly and subsequent helmet therapy that Jack endured, I'm very pleased to see those stats!

Hiking Jack

Hiking Ben

Jack, Pete, Ben

9 comments:

  1. Wow congrats!!! That is great. They are such fun boys. I love the pictures and am glad that the helmet therapy was effective, that is awesome.

    P.S. You need to post a picture of yourself, you are probably so skinny that you might blow away soon so you need to post one before that happens.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are some very cute kids!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. They're getting so big! I can't believe it. When am I gonna see you guys again? Hey, at least we have blogger right :-)
    Good luck you amazing mommy you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute kids...this brings back memories for me.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I could almost tell them apart as babies, but as toddlers, they are looking more alike!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yeah for 18 months!! You made it to Nursery! There are 2 sets of boy twins in our Nursery now. On the chalkboard each week the parents write the name of each boy and the color shirt they're each wearing so the leaders know which name to call which twin. I know it's helpful for the leaders!

    They are darling and I always love your photos!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Our handsome nephews are getting so big! They are so blonde too. i wonder how fast they will out grow that hair color?HMM?( me wondering) Great job on the 8 miles. I ran 4 miles yesterday without stopping then met w/ my trainer ( without stretching and half way into the training i pulled a muscle in my hammy. It hurt badly. So, i'm kinda there with you sis!

    ReplyDelete
  8. They are so dang cute! Great pictures of the hike. I bet you were enjoying not carrying anyone on your back too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Those are the cutest pics ever! Congrats on the new house!

    ReplyDelete