Sunday, August 17, 2008

8 miles...really

I really did eight miles yesterday. I know what you're thinking, the running calendar says 3x 800m on Aug. 16. I was sick for about a week, so I'm behind a bit. Anyway, I did run eight full miles this time, but not without a good deal of pain, and possibly at the expense of my knees (right knee especially). I don't know if this means my dreams of a half marathon are dashed, or if it means I need to change the way I run, or the way I've been training, or that I need to see someone to help me. Anyway, the Ibuprofen masked some of the pain, but I still really had to will myself through the last few miles to get in 8 miles. I don't know how I'm gonna do 10 miles, let alone 13.1 miles.

5 comments:

  1. I am so proud of ya! good job. I have been running into problems too. my right ackillies tendon is killing. I had to rest 5 days in a row and I only have four more days until the big day AAAAAAA I can hardly wakl

    ReplyDelete
  2. BE CAREFUL! But good luck :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. dang sis! be cautious! I did 4 okay but i only have a 5k to run. Good on you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I bet you need new running shoes. Then you will feel better!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So do you not have a phone right now?

    ReplyDelete