Friday, February 08, 2008

tornadoes on tuesday

We survived the tornadoes. The very storm that killed so many people in the south and destroyed so many homes passed DIRECTLY over our home without materializing into a tornado. It did produce tornadoes before and after coming to Nashville, but we were lucky that all those crazy winds stayed way up high where they couldn't do any damage. The storm did send us some nasty 1 inch hail and LOTS of water and lightning, but nothing more in our area. At about 9pm on Tuesday night we were instructed to get to our "safe place" (which happens to be the bathroom of our 3rd story apartment) and waited there for about 20 minutes until the storm had passed and it was deemed safe to come out. Anyway, I had no idea how serious it was until later, when we heard about the destruction it did in other areas. I know the odds are pretty slim that a tornado would materialize and touch down on our little apartment, but I still feel very grateful that it didn't considering all the people it did affect.

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous1:19 PM

    The suspense! What happens next!?
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. We found out that 5 of the neighbors on our circle lost trees and a couple other houses in our neighborhood did too. It looks like the tale of a tornado came through here. So, I don't think the odds are as slim as you might think. Scary though...

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad that you guys are safe! I've gone through some tornado storms growing up in East Texas, but nothing as close as you! It's so scary and hard to keep calm. Also, it's probably tough trying to keep 3 little kids happy and calm while this is going on.

    ReplyDelete