Saturday, February 02, 2008

Gordon Bitner Hinckley, 1910-2008

I listened to the funeral services of President Gordon B. Hinckley, of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints today on the KBYU website. It was very touching and I felt the need to share my love for him and for the church that he has led for almost 13 years. I was only 15 years old when he became the President of the LDS Church and during his tenure I have grown from an awkward young teenager who didn't really know what to believe, into someone (although still a little awkward) whose belief is strong in the truth that there is a God, He did send His son Jesus Christ to the Earth to teach, love, die, and overcome death for us, and that The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints is indeed the church of God and is led by Him through His prophets. I am glad to have known him, even from a distance, and to have felt of his goodness.

4 comments:

  1. Of course I remember you!!!! Look at you and your cute babies! I am so jealous. I too have very fond memories of Dorm 6. So so fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a touching tribute Cristi. Thanks for your thoughts and testimony. It's been fun to check out your blog and get to know a little more about you and your adorable family.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous6:25 PM

    What a wonderful testimony. Thank you for sharing. I too love him and appreciate all that he did for us while serving us all. He is a great example of what to be.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for sharing, he was an amazing man and I think that he has blessed all of our lives. It looks like you are doing great, I am going to e mail you about the details of your preschool, this is something I would really like to start up in my home, but I am not sure if I would be able to. I hope that Tennessee is treating you well and that you haven't been hit by any of this crazy weather. I got together with Condita and Sonda over Christmas, we all missed seeing you on our yearly going out to eat adventures at the Olives Garden. Happy Day!!!

    ReplyDelete