Friday, January 25, 2008

flashback friday, 4th grade

Unfortunately I don't have any photos of myself from 4th grade on the computer at the moment because that would be very entertaining (imagine 3 inch tall curled bangs). Instead, I am flashing back to when I taught 4th grade at Alpine Elementary in Alpine, Utah from 2001-2004. It was such an incredibly fun time for me working with amazing teachers, faculty, parents, and children! I have included a class photos from each year at Halloween (that seems to be the time the camera was out!), and a photo of our amazing 4th grade team. I also threw in a photo from the "Hope of America" performance that our 4th and 5th graders took part in every year. It was so fun to spend hours teaching the kids "The United States of America" dance and rehearsing it for so long and then watch them perform it so well! I was watching some of the old videos and felt emotional thinking about how hard our 4th graders worked and how wonderful they were at performing in front of so many people! Needless to say, I loved those kids and the people that I worked with and am happy to have the memories of such a fun time in my life. Someday, I'd like to teach again, but for now I enjoy the preschool co-op with neighbors and putting some ideas on my PBJ Kids blog. And although I loved teaching 4th grade, it is soo much more fun to teach 3 of my own, than 30 of someone else's!

My 4th Grade Class October 2001

My 4th Grade Class (plus 1 mad scientist) October 2002

My 4th Grade Class October 2003

Our 4th Grade Team May 2003

"The Flag" (made up of 5th graders from all over Utah County)
from the April 2003 Hope of America Performance in the Marriott Center

7 comments:

  1. I anxiously read everything on your pbj kids site about the preschool co-op. Thanks for the great ideas, and I'll will certainly implement many of them as I start up my own this fall!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Emily- I'm so glad that someone finds the ideas helpful. I'll send you an invite to post on the PBJ kids blog so you can share if you want to (and I hope you do!).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous4:39 PM

    I think that is my favorite picture of a flag .. that is so wonderful! Maybe the hormones ... or the patriotic one in me - but I had to fight back tears. Very cool! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Emily- Would you mind emailing me at teamvanhorn@gmail.com? I don't have any contact info for you so I can't email you an invite to the PBJ kids blog!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That was fun to read! What great memories for you. The 4th graders are a lot bigger than what I was picturing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous2:57 PM

    Wow, I must have forgottne that you teach 4th grade?! I have a fourth grader! Coltin is a fourth grader at, get this, Alpine Elementary! In alpine, CA, of course, but I thought that was cool=)...love your blogs!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That makes me miss our years of teaching at Alpine Elementary, wasn't that just the best place to work.....That was great that you put those up on your blog.

    ReplyDelete