Friday, June 26, 2009

Solution Nuclear Magnetic Resonance Structure of Membrane-Integral Diacylglycerol Kinase (say that three times fast)



It is published in the current issue (week of June 26, 2009) of the scientific journal Science. You can read the abstract here. Wade has been working on this project/paper for many intense months. The professor he works for has been working on this for many, many years. It's pretty exciting and I just wanted to say congratulations to Wade and all the other people who worked on it. (Plus I wanted to show everyone how AWESOME he is!) There is nothing more rewarding than seeing your long, hard work bring great results. And you have worked long and hard. I'm grateful and proud.

Update: There has been an article published about this research by the National Institute of General Medical Sciences which you can read here. The same article also appears with a nice little photo of Wade in the Vanderbilt Medical Center News here. Pretty cool.

7 comments:

  1. Wow. So I don't even know what most of those words mean. Your husband is a smart guy. Thanks for the post on my blog. I'm sure you now how it feels, meeting goals and feeling good. It's pretty awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay, I meant 'know'. I'm a little sleep deprived so excuse my grammar.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sweet! It's always cool to get first billing in a published article. And that's really a decent photo.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats Wade! That is quite the accomplishment...even if I don't know what exactly that article is about. It sure sounds cool :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's awesome Wade! Cristi you must be so proud!

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW!!! VWEY IMPRESSIVE!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yea for Wade!! What a smartie-pants!! I only wish I understood a word of it :)

    ReplyDelete