Saturday, July 04, 2009

july 4th

6:30am- Run 4.5 miles

7:30am- Give boys chips and take a shower. Be sure to put the bag of chips away and out of reach of those little hands!

7:45am- Clean up bag of chips spread over the kitchen floor.

8:30am- Red, white, and blueberry whole wheat waffles. mmmmmm.

10:00am- Trim bushes, mow lawn, pull weeds, spray off porch/driveway. Ride bikes, play on swingset.

11:00am- Find fork in trash can.

12:30pm- Ramen for lunch!

1:00pm- Naps. During which, I accomplish: grocery store run, no-bake cookies.

3:30pm- Swimming and BBQ with friends.

7:30pm- Drive to downtown Nashville to watch fireworks.

8:00pm- Arrive at park and set up chairs.

8:10pm- Fireworks begin!

8:15pm- Rain begins.

8:20pm- Fireworks continue, rain turns into monsoon, wind blows.

8:25pm- Abandon park, run for cover of car. Remove kids drenched clothing.

8:30pm- Watch the grand finale through the rain-splattered windows as we drive away.

8:45pm- From the back seat, Pete asks, "Can bombs kill sharks?" Dad replies, "Yes Pete, bombs can kill sharks."

8 comments:

  1. I love this! Never a dull moment. Happy 4th!

    Hillary

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like quite the adventure! Do you share the recipe for whole wheat waffles? They look super yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just can't believe the fireworks start so early. It doesn't even get dark around here until about 10 p.m.
    We decided to take a trip to Fallon the first weekend in August. When are you going?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow...that made me tired just reading that. I'm glad you had an action packed fun day.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's one busy day! Sounds like fun- minus the drenched part!

    ReplyDelete
  6. "Can bombs kill sharks?" Bahahahaha! I love little boys and the curiosities they come up with.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes, the waffles do look delicious! Sounds like you guys had a fun day. Bummer about the rain though! Brody and Destry had a stomach bug hit right as we were heading out to a BBQ.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, you are able to accomplish a lot in a day.

    Are you in Utah now?? Can you get together?? I know that you are running the race on Friday and I wanted to see what your schedule is like.

    ReplyDelete