Monday, October 06, 2008

David Marshall Springer

Last week, my brother Davey passed away tragically in Lehi, Utah. I was able to make a quick trip to Utah for the funeral over the weekend. Many of you may have known him and I would like to share the obituaries with anyone who is interested.

From the Salt Lake Tribune, which you can also read here for a few weeks:


David Marshall Springer 6/5/1985 ~ 9/28/2008 On Sunday, September 28th, David left this life and returned to the loving arms of his Heavenly Father. Although his passing will leave a big void in the lives of his family and friends, we know he has left the pain of this life behind and gone to a much better place. Nevertheless, it will be hard to replace his ever-present smile and caring love for those he held dear. But this winter when the snow flies, and in subsequent winters, all who knew him will smile and know he is happy that the powder is deep and the slopes will be well groomed. He is survived by his father, David Springer; mother, Julia White; grandmother, Carol Springer; Grandma Pat; aunts, uncles, and cousins. Funeral services will held on Thursday, Oct. 2, 2008 at the LDS Chapel on 2150 North Point Meadow Drive, Lehi, Utah at 5 p.m.


From Lahontan Valley News in Fallon, NV:

This is to say farewell to our son, David Marshall Springer. Born June 5th, 1985 in Denver Colorado, he left many who loved him on Sunday September 28th at the vibrant age of 23. He was a talented skier, artist, photographer and animal lover. Davey was always a loving son, brother, nephew, uncle, cousin, grandson and friend. Davey leaves many family and friends in Utah and here locally. His brothers, Todd & Brad Hellyar, his sisters Cristiana Van Horn & Corrine Christian fondly remember their years together growing up here in Fallon with fun and craziness. Davey spent all his school years here in Fallon, except his Senior year, he graduated from Lehi High in Utah.

Davey had many years of pain & difficulty making choices. How do you sum up a life in just a short paragraph? He is loved and will always be loved. He gave love to all even thru the pain of his life choices. A memorial will be held in Lehi, Utah on Oct. 2nd at the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints Chapel on 2150 N.Pointe Dr. 5:00p.m. We will say farewell for now, and he will say hello to all his family in Heaven. Your words or thoughts can be forwarded to his Mom, Leslie Beach & Carl Cardin at beach@cccomm.net. She will pass them along to his father David Springer and birth mother, Julie. It was an honor to have him call me Mother. A hole is left in our Hearts.

13 comments:

  1. I remember Davey when he was living with your family. I'm so sorry to hear the news of his passing. It's nice to have the gospel knowledge of life after death. He is in a more peaceful place. Let me know if we can do anything for your family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous9:59 PM

    I'm glad you were able to go to the funeral, and I hope you're doing alright. Call if you need anything or want to do something or talk.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so sorry to hear of your loss. As someone who has also lost a family member recently (6 months ago at least) I know how difficult it can be. But, I found that just being around my kids made it so much better. Let me know if you need to chat or anything.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So sorry to hear about Davey. I'm glad you were able to be with your family.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous9:20 AM

    No words can relace him, or fill the void you will have in your life for him...sorry doesn't seem quite enough...I remember little Davey...it was a long time ago, but he always had a smile on his face...

    ReplyDelete
  6. I remember Davey well. He was a sweet little boy. We will keep you and your family in our thoughts and prayers as I am sure this is a difficult time for you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am so sorry to hear about your loss. I will keep you and your family in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  8. So sorry for you and your family's loss. You guys will be in our prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm so sad to hear about you and your families loss. You will all be in our thoughts and prayers. Please let us know if you need anything.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Cristiana

    I am so sorry to hear about your brother, I can't even imagine what you must be going through and feeling after a loss like that. I know it is hard to be so far away from family when you loose a loved one. I lost both of my Grandma'a last year and it was really hard for me to be here and not there with them. Their deaths weren't unexpected, so I really can't imagine what you must be going through. I am glad that you were able to be there and see your family for a few days, I am sure that was nice for them to see you. You are such a strong person with such an awesome perspective on life. I will be thinking of you and your family. Again, I am so sorry to hear about your brother. That is really sad.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm sorry about your brother. We made a trip to Lehi on the 25th for the same reason, the death of a brother (Phil's). Life can be painful at times and yet there is so much hope.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Cristiana,
    I am so sorry to hear of the passing of your brother. Condita told me when Ashley called her. Condita showed me Ashley's blog, and I clicked on your link.
    I'm still at Alpine Elementary (29 years) in the same room. I keep busy still with teaching, working at temple, BYU football and Jazz games.
    Check out my class blog:
    missmitchellsfabulousfifthgrade.blogspot.com

    Take care, and my God bless you,
    Love,
    Your former next door neighbor
    Ann

    ReplyDelete
  13. Christiana,

    It's your old ricks rooomate, Celeste. Becky showed me your blog. I am soo sorry to hear about your brother. I will be praying for you and your family

    ReplyDelete