Thursday, September 25, 2008

1/2 marathon update

Well, the 1/2 marathon update is that there will be no 1/2 marathon. At least not for me, in October anyway. I just haven't been able to prepare the way I'd like to and time is running out. Plus I didn't get registered in time and would now have to pay double the price!! The good news is that Wade says he'll train to run the Music City 1/2 marathon with me in the spring. I plan on running some sort of race, maybe a 10k, in the next month or two, and continuing to run regularly. I've also started adding some upper leg strengthening exercises that will hopefully prevent any more knee pain. I will run 13.1 miles yet!

6 comments:

  1. Oh now! Now I'll have to run alone! Thanks for bringing it to my attention, though. Even though I'm not really in shape, I already registered so I won't turn back now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bummer! Destry and I are considering the 1/2 marathon in the Spring. That would be fun :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm impressed with the training that you did get in. I have great intentions of working out and some days the only workout I get is going up and down stairs.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The music city 1/2 is a good one to start with anyway- the atmosphere is so much fun with all the bands playing that you almost (but not quite) forget that you're running 13.1 miles! I bummed for you that it didn't work out. Good luck with your training for the spring!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey, I have been wondering how that is going. That is to bad, but 10k races are my favorite, I think that they are a perfect distance, sometimes they have 12k races that are fun as well.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Keep up the training- I am sure that you will have a chance to do it someday. It is a good goal and a fun way to stay in shape. Don't be so hard on yourself!

    ReplyDelete