Saturday, December 01, 2007

"hiking" december 1


Can you believe it was mid-50's here in Tennessee today? It was so nice out we went for a hike/walk and people were out playing in their yards and mowing their lawns, in December! Very strange. Needless to say, coming from Utah (where it did snow today), it just doesn't FEEL like December. No complaining though, we took advantage of the weather and went for a hike at Radnor Lake where Peter was the navigator (pictured here consulting his map). Radnor "Lake" is actually a very small reservoir, that Pete and Wade easily walked completely around. I kept the babies in the stroller and stuck to the paved road which is also a nice walk. I've realized that the idea of "hiking" in Tennessee is not what we're used to in Utah. It's usually short trails that all criss-cross each other and cross roads as well. Some trails are actually paved and there is very little elevation gain on any trails we've seen. They're great for a 3-year-old (or a wimpy mom!) and It's been fun exploring!

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous12:59 PM

    We should go do some real hiking in the Smokies sometime!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous5:50 PM

    Wish I could be with you there. I need the walking!! Its been really cold here so I have not been out much. Well, that and fighting morning/anytime sickness still. Miss you bunches. Pete looks so grown up in the picture here. I cannot say that I like that at all!

    ReplyDelete