Hmmm.... I haven't posted in a long time because, 1: we just moved across the country and packed/unpacked all our photo and computer equipment and couldn't find the card reader to put photos on the computer and then lost internet connection to the only computer that we could put the photos on, and 2: I've been dreading having to write a post about leaving Nashville. :(
As suspected, we loved living in Nashville, made many dear friends and are sad to have left. Our last few days in Nashville were spent doing necessary and stressful things like packing, scheduling moving trucks, car pick-ups, making phone calls about housing arrangements, address changes, etc., etc. I don't remember actually saying goodbye to anyone, although I'm sure we did.
If we missed you, well, goodbye. It was nice knowing you and if we didn't know you, I wished we had been able to get to know you better. Maybe next time ;). I feel especially blessed by friendships made in the places we have lived. Particularly those friendship that were meticulous in the making. I'd like to think that I could be very dear friends with almost anyone if I had all the time and situation to do so. I love learning about new people and attempting to understand different opinions, circumstances, beliefs, and traditions. I wish I had the social skills to make friends quickly and instantly, but for me it usually takes time, often years to make a dear friend. I wish I had many more years in Nashville to make dear friends of everyone. On a happier note, we have already met many wonderful people here in our new city and I have high hopes for making some dear friends (sometime in the next couple of years :).
That aside, we did leave Nashville in mid-July. We drove across the country to a new state, city, and home (our very first home as a matter of fact!). The house was even better than I remember and we are enjoying it here, but more on that later. Here are a few photos of our last days in Nashville. One of the highlights of our summers there were the Full Moon Pickin' Parties. There are scheduled bands that come and play bluegrass music and lots of local people who come with their instruments and just stand around playing bluegrass music or "pickin'" as they call it!
 |
| Last night in Nashville, TN. |
 |
| We'll miss this little old house (but not the goofy boys- they came with us!). |
 |
| One more bedtime story. |
 |
| Fun with glow sticks at the Full Moon Pickin' Party. |
 |
| "Pickers" at the Full Moon Pickin' Party. |
 |
| One of the scheduled bands at the Full Moon Pickin' Party. This photo was taken by Jack who offered to walk up to the stage and snap some shots! He really got into it. |
No comments:
Post a Comment