Friday, November 05, 2010

flashback friday: how did I forget this?

Specifically how stinkin' cute Pete was as a toddler. I can't even believe how cute this kid is/was. Pete was just over two years old in this photo during a hike to Red Pine Lake, UT in July 2006.

Here he is October 2006, 2 years old.
(I still want to eat him up!)

Pete is now 6 1/2 years old and in 1st grade (what?!?!?). He is such a great reader (2nd grade level and improving daily- our goal is to hit 3rd-4th by end of this year), has started picking up "chapter books" to read on his own, loves science and math, is improving at writing each week, and despite a rough start, he gets great marks for behavior at school. He says he wants to be a scientist when he grows up and he loves to take apart electronics, do science experiments, hike, play outside, ride his bike, build with legos/tinkertoys/knex, and play video games. He is kind and helpful and oh, so sweet to me (the occasional talk-back has decreased markedly over the last few months). He never fails to return my "I Love You's." We were pretending to argue the other day about who loves who the most
(I win).

1 comment:

  1. I totally agree...Peter is an ADORABLE boy. And what a cute toddler!! I just now remembered the sticker club!! Oliver was so excited to get a letter from Peter in the mail...and I'm sorry to say that we were the weakest link. Whoops!! We sent off some stickers to Annabeth and then we got a new computer that didn't get hooked up to the printer for a week or so, so I never passed it on. Oh, excuses, excuses. I'm so sorry we didn't do a better job following through with that. Darn it. I hope Peter got some stickers back in the mail at least. I suppose it's not too late if I can dig up that letter...

    Miss you guys.
    Anna

    ReplyDelete