Pete asked if we could please NOT come with him on the first day (we put him on the bus, but still met him at his class). He informed me that 5-year-olds wait for the bus by themselves (but dad still stood with him at the bus stop).
When we arrived at his classroom, he was already busy coloring (and breaking crayons).
Coming home on day one.
After school cookies and milk.From what I could get out of him, he got to color on a huge piece of yellow paper. He ate ham and cheese for lunch in the cafeteria with an apple, apple juice, and milk. He played a "pretend bat" game on the rock wall/cave/tunnel at recess. He made a new friend at recess whose name he does not know. He also says his favorite part about kindergarten was riding the bus and when I asked him if he had fun and wants to go back on Monday, he replied yes!
All in all,



So cute! I love the uniform...it probably makes life and mornings a bit simpler. Next thing you know it will be summer break and you will be getting ready to have a 1st grader.
ReplyDeleteFirst day of school, how cute!!!! I can´t believe he is already old enough for kindergarten. :)
ReplyDeleteWow. Can't believe he's in kindergarten. Glad he liked it.
ReplyDeleteWell he doesn't look scared at all, that's good! What a cutie!
ReplyDeleteHe looks so grown up in those pictures. I'm glad that it went well for him and that he still wants to go back! All good things.
ReplyDeleteI can't believe school started already! We've got a couple weeks to go. I'm glad Pete had a great first day and wants to go back! He looks so grown up :)
ReplyDeleteI'm so nervous! Aaron starts all-day kindergarten on the 24th. I can't believe our little guys are getting so big. How are YOU adjusting to having him out of the house?
ReplyDeleteTomorrow is the second day of half-day kindergarten and then it's full-day from here on out! I'm adjusting well, but I don't think it's hit me yet just how much he'll be gone.
ReplyDeleteFabulous post! It was just so cute and made me smile. I'm glad Pete had a great first day!
ReplyDeleteHe is sure adorable! What a day full of emotions I am sure for your. I have a hard time even thinking of sending Claire off to preschool! What a super mom you are too to have milk and cookies ready for him when he got home. How sweet!
ReplyDeleteThis is awesome, and he is so handsome and social! I love the pictures and that you wrote down some of his feedback from his first day. He will love to have that when he's older. :)
ReplyDelete