Friday, May 22, 2009

mischief managed, II

The usual suspects (Pete, Ben- Jack was sleeping)

Some thoughts:

-This is why moms sometimes haven't taken a shower and still look like they just woke up at 5 o'clock in the evening (don't be fooled, they've been awake since 5:30am).

-Do they make 5-year-old proof fridge locks?

-On these days, I think I love my children. If I yell at my children and curse under my breath while scrubbing dried egg yolk off my kitchen floor, does it make me a bad mother?

-When do I get my two weeks vacation time?

-On the "sunny-side," my floors are smooth and silky.

9 comments:

  1. This has got to be the funniest post I've read in a long time!!!!! And not because of the photos...that would be your commentary that did it. Here I was thinking that Caleb's coloring all over the rocking chair with crayons during quiet time was bad. This tops that! I love that you took photos before cleaning it all up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't show them the post on my blog about the Egg Toss off the top of the school!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. If you weren't cursing under your breath, then I'd worry about you. Yelling at your kids...that's normal:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is stories just like this one that scares me to death to have two boys. This was so funny...well, kinda. I loved the last picture too.
    -Shannon

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh my egg yolk! Congrats on the silky smooth floors, but seriously I'm proud of you for not posting your kiddos for sale on Craigslist after that one. I'd have a reeeaaallly hard time keeping my cool while scrubbing eggs off the floor. Ok, who am I kidding? Keeping my cool wouldn't even be an option.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh man. That would take alot of deep breaths for to make it through cleaning it up. What are kids thinking? :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Reminds me of when my little sisters (twins) were little, my poor mother, TP everywhere, flour you name it. By the way, you are a great mom.

    Meg

    ReplyDelete
  8. oh my! I am sure B and A will conspire together as they grow in age. I'm scared! Clean floors are good, on the bright side.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ok
    I had Great Kids too, they had their days!
    Todd = crayons on walls
    Cristiana = lipstick all over her face
    Corrine = pooping outside !!
    Brad = flour one day, another day shortening all over the floor, using the drawers as a ladder to climb up to the flour....
    Davey = the glue gun,after I told him not to touch it----blisters all over his fingers for playing with it.....remember any of this????

    NOW YOU KNOW WHY I WOULD JUST GO IN MY ROOM AND SCREAM BY MYSELF, AS TO NOT SCARE THE LIFE OUT OF YOU KIDS....BUT THEN IT DID anyway .....BUT THEN I DIDN'T SCREAM AT YOU....SO DOES THAT COUNT?

    Vacation for Moms come in MINUTES only.....so grab all you can--when you can---and Smile, cause it just gets better and better!!!
    Love you so much my baby girl 1 ---Mom

    ReplyDelete