Saturday, January 24, 2009

pete, the dragon-fighting prince

Prince Pete: 1
Dragon: 0

Pete was actually invited to a "Princess and dragon fighting Prince Party." When I told him about it, he was REALLY excited and insisted that we needed to make him a costume immediatly (even though the party wasn't for 5 days). When I asked him what sort of costume he thought a dragon fighting Prince would wear, he replied, "A beautiful dress?" Although it was a good thought, we ended up settling on some of his Sunday clothes with a homemade crown, toy sword, and batman cape. He refused to wear the crown and cape after the photo, so he really just looked like a well-dressed prince at the birthday party.

Pete has been watching me while I type this and has requested that I write his story. Here ya go (I typed it exactly as Pete dictated it, including the name at the end. Be warned it is rated PG for some mild graphic dragon chopping):

Once upon a time there was a Prince. His name was Pete and he fighted a dragon and he saw a dragon, he saw a tail. He asked his friends, "Could that really be a dragon?" They couldn't know if it was a dragon so they went behind that wall and they saw a dragon and then it was a real one and they chopped it open.

THE END

Written by: Pete V.

6 comments:

  1. I think that you should tell every one the story.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, let's hear the story! He is looking so grown up these days.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your kids are growing up so fast!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's a great story! I like the chopping part. hee hee...

    ReplyDelete
  5. He looks like a little man! What happened?
    Oh, he should get some kinda prize for that story btw.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sweet! I love that story. It is amazing. I love it when kids do the quote thing in their stories, "Could that really be a dragon?" A sign that mommy has been reading to him for sure.

    ReplyDelete