Wednesday, June 25, 2008

on the agenda...

Our crib, the one we got for Pete and that Ben is currently using/eating, was recalled yesterday (if you have a Jardine brand crib, btw, you should check your model # at the Jardine recall website to see if yours was recalled). We've never had problems with it, but some people have had slats either break or come out and then kids get stuck or hurt (no serious injuries or death). On the upside, we get to trade in our 4-year-old, half-eaten crib for a new one. Now the twins can have matching cribs, something we couldn't afford otherwise.

We're also in the process of looking for a house to rent. It's trickier than I first anticipated trying to find just the right one that is in the right neighborhood, puts Pete in a good school, has 3 bedrooms and a fenced yard, is the right price, and is available at the right time! I've got a couple of good leads and it's still early (our current lease ends in August), so I'm optimistic that we'll find what we're looking for.

And lastly, I'm currently in training for a 1/2 marathon. I've only been back into running regularly for the last two months, and the race is on Oct. 4, so my friend Julie and I have begun a 15 week training program. It's been fun so far, but we haven't had any long runs yet (over 4 miles anyway). I'm hoping that I look like the girl in the picture on the left when I'm in the race. I have a feeling I won't be smiling quite so much at mile 11 though! I think it will be very challenging for me, but look forward to seeing it through.

12 comments:

  1. Wow! running? I don't even know what that is. Anyway from the look of the earlier pictures you already look great. I need to run a marathon to look better. Well I would never finish!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, great job. That is fun, I am training for a 1/2 marathon as well in November and a 9 mile in October. It is fun. My furthest is a 10k course and that was rough, especially because when I run I am pushing my sweet 20 pound baby. Good luck on that and that is also awesome about the new cribs. That is great!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A half marathon?!?!? Wow...I'm impressed. You never cease to impress! That's awesome :) Good luck with the training. I'm sure it will be a wonderful experience for you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay for the new crib! I'm glad nobody got hurt by the faulty crib..those recalls are usually so silly.
    That 1/2 marathon is such an exciting goal! I'm sure you'll be smiling when you get to the end--just like that girl in the picture. I believe in you girl!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good for you! Half marathons are so worth it and so much fun! I can't wait until my next one...until Tanner gets bigger I'll stick to 5 and 10k's. Wish I were there to run it with you! Best of luck!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Now you posted it we have to finish it!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hope you are able to find just the right house when the time is right. Near us would be my vote :) Yea on the half marathon too! Good for you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. sweet deal on the crib! Yeah, you finally get to rent a HOUSE with yard. I'm so stoked for you guys. Good going on the Half Marathon thing. I'm into the SPRINT TRI- ATHALON training right now. More on that later!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey Cristi...
    It's me Becky, your old roommate from Ricks. I can't believe you found me. It is so good to hear from you. I hope life is treating you well...it sure seems to be with your three little boys. You must be busy.

    Good luck with the half marathon. I am looking forward to getting back into running once I am ok'ed to run again after my c-section. I hope to do a half marathon sometime next year. I've done two marathons in the past but I will probably never do a full marathon again since I end up bawling my eyes out from about mile 23 on. Why do it if I'm just going to cry? Anyways, I know you'll do great.

    Thanks for finding my blog and contacting me. It was a nice surprise.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Good luck in your race and house hunting! It sounds like you are going to have an exciting summer :D

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hey whats up give me a call in your "spare time" HaHa Good luck on the training!

    ReplyDelete
  12. OH my goodness - that is awesome about the training! I am also training for the Bryce Canyon 1/2 marathon this weekend. So we will HAVE to swap stories. Good luck- keep going!That's so great that you have a friend to train with.

    ReplyDelete