Sunday, April 18, 2010

spring summer

Pete flying kites on 4/4/10

We had perfect kite flying weather on Easter Sunday.

Wade had his wisdom teeth removed two days ago on Friday. He has been sustained by only pudding, mashed potatoes, and mushy pasta. He is in some pain.

Today I got in trouble for eating all the gummy bears and Pete said he isn't going to invite me to his birthday.

Jack played fetch with himself today and a stick for at least half an hour. All by himself.

Ben made his own Lego creations and flew them around the house and yard. Sound effects included.

Wade and I put up our new patio set and watched the boys from the shade. We would have stayed out for dinner on the deck, but it is getting chilly at night. We've been spoiled by the early summer weather, but I feel that spring is making a comeback.



ps- I attended church today on my own with three boys and we managed to stay in the chapel for the entire hour (first time I've done that without Wade in three years). Triumph! I appreciate those people who see me struggling with the boys and take it upon themselves to help entertain them. Ie: a friend sitting near us in church and a kind employee at REI. Thank you! You might be surprised to know that I often leave church or a store mortified and determined "never again!" Once, I actually left a cart full of groceries at the register. I tried not to cry while I walked out with my head high (and full-red) and my cart empty (except for three naughty boys).

3 comments:

  1. Oh, so Wade was drugged. That explains so much about our Saturday conversation. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So, Wade must be the problem in Sacrament Meeting.

    I hope he rebounds quickly from his extractions. Make sure to take pictures of his chipmunk cheeks! Love you guys:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I feel for you and some of the crazy shopping/church experiences you must have. I feel that way sometimes too and I only have 1 1/2 kids! :) Once Brad asked me what I wanted to do on my night off and I said "grocery shop without the kids!"

    ReplyDelete