Monday, July 07, 2008

the night before (aka 4th of july)

We spent the morning of the 4th playing volleyball with some couples in our ward. It was a blast. Wade can still spike a ball and I don't think he was totally embarrassed by my skills. He got a few bumps and bruises, but the scratch on his forehead from his glasses is the most obvious (you can see it in the photos below). After some good naps, we decided to brave the crowd and head downtown for the fireworks show with some friends. We had fun eating pizza while we waited until 9:25pm for the show to start!

The fireworks. Okay, I'm sure every city says this, but I hear Nashville put on one of the best firework shows in the country (#2 according to rumor among Nashvillians). It was truly awesome to watch! We had front row seats and could almost hear the Nashville Symphony as they performed to the lights.

4th of July Pete.

4th of July Family.

4th of July Family, with Matt & Julie family.

4th of July Ben (with Mom).

All photos on this post courtesy Julie M! Thanks!

12 comments:

  1. You are it! Check out my blog...
    I always love looking at your blog! And it's nice to know you guys are doing well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wade's forehead=OUCH! But, it shows you guys had fun playing volleyball.

    I love the family picture...so cute!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wade, you can still play volleyball? and spiking... did they lower the net for you? I do have fond memories of playing at Kiwanas park.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow you are quick! I am just going to steel that post and put it on mine.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous1:43 PM

    What a cute family! I heard you are coming to SD ... do you know when yet?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good times!! I'm glad you had a fun 4th. I miss hanging with you and Julie :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cute pictures, looks like a fun time! I think it's funny that you guys are friends with Julie and Matt, since we went to dental school with them. It is such a small world!

    Love the picture of Peter in the previous post where he fell asleep. It's so funny when the kids are totally exhausted and they'll fall asleep anywhere! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's not a good game of volleyball unless somebody gets hurt! I was so bummed to miss the fireworks (being in El Salvador 'n all). I'm glad I got to see your pics...it feels like I was there!
    Oh, and Nashville has a symphony? I thought they were all about Country music. They were probably playing Dolly Parton's Greatest Hits or something ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love that you can see Wade's battle injuries in the pics- volleyball was so much fun though I think I like playing with the girls more (less competitive!!). Looks like you guys had fun at fireworks- sorry we missed out!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wowzaas! Looks like you guys had a great and full day! Peter looks so much older now. And your boys keep getting BLONDER too! ~C

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow Christiana, the boys are getting so big and cute! For your answer, yes Kelly England had another baby girl and Lauren Anderson is holding her baby boy! You must have not known that she was prego! Anyways, we miss them alot but I am sure that you went through the same withdrawl of the infamous "court" :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hey, you're Corrine's sister right? I'm a friend of her's from your dad's ward years ago. I'm in a similar situation, kid-wise, we had the twins first (identical boys) and then had Sam 18 months later. You're boys are adorable, I kind of wish mine were still small, but then again... Anyway, you have a beautiful family!

    ReplyDelete