Thursday, May 30, 2013

legoland, take 2

We kicked off the end of the school year/beginning of summer break by driving straight to San Diego at 3:30pm on the last day of school.  I had the car all packed and we headed over right from the school.  We pulled into my Dad's house late Thursday night, spent all day Friday at Legoland, and then played with cousins the rest of the weekend. The most memorable part of the day was when Peter was too scared to go on the Coastersaurus.  We were waiting in line and he adamantly refused to go on.  I had a few minutes to convince him while we were waiting.  I tried in vain to tell  him that this roller coaster was for preschoolers (it really is).  It was designed for 3-4 year-olds.  When he still insisted that it was too scary and he wouldn't go, I tried not to laugh at him.  But I couldn't help it.  When we got to the front, one of the ride hosts told him that it was like a choo-choo train and was not scary.  He still refused.  Then she offered to let him hold her name tag (made out of Legos) if he went on the ride and he could keep it at the end.  He reluctantly agreed and did go on the ride.  He kept the name tag and is very proud of it, but when I offered to take them all on the Coastersaurus again, he declined.  Yeah, my 9-year-old is afraid of a preschooler ride. :/

At the 4-D show (FYI- the 4th "D" is some water, bubbles, and wind sprayed at you from above).  Not really impressed with it, but then again you have to remember that this whole park is aimed at children between 3-10 years old.  You could tell they made an effort to avoid anything too loud, scary, or surprising.

Pete watching Jack on the Lego Technic roller coaster (probably the most intense roller coaster in Legoland).  Yeah, he was too scared to go on it and just before this photo, he was making sympathetic frightened faces for Jack as he watched it go down and around the curves.  I believe Peter was more uncomfortable watching the roller coaster, than Jack was actually riding it.

Jack and Grandpa Danny at the end of the roller coaster ride.

Adorable.

Peter's many emotions, take 1

Peter's many emotions, take 2

This is all part of Miniland, which is a bunch of cities and scenes built out of Legos.  This "giant" duck just made himself at home.

DC in Miniland

Vegas Strip

New York

San Francisco

More San Francisco




No comments:

Post a Comment