Tuesday, December 18, 2012

in which I ramble about our house guests, lament our lack of photos, and flashback to 2009

Wade's parents, sister and her family came for Thanksgiving, which, if I may say, was a HUGE success.  The food turned out great and I wasn't overly stressed out about it since I had planned ahead and prepared many things during the days leading up to the big dinner. It was great to have family around and get to see Amy, Bob and the cousins Katie, Colby, and Trevor.  Pete absolutely adores Trevor (maybe because he's 12 and so way too cool), and he spent most of the weekend trying to be near and like him.  We also had Wade's parents and the children loved to be spoiled by love and dollar store toys from Grandma and Grandpa!

The week after Thanksgiving, my mom came to visit and helped me get some projects done around the house (ie: painting furniture, which turned out great!).  It was fun to hang out with her and have someone to scratch my back, paint toenails with, and go out for sushi & massage/facials!  None of these are regular things around the Van Horn household. :)

Next up, Christmas, which I'm almost ready for (a little more sewing left and a couple of family gifts to be bought and sent).  We'll have my Dad, and two of my brothers Todd and Brent for Christmas with us so that will be more fun and more house guests!

Also, we lost our camera for a while (just found it a few days ago) and our other fancy cameras are old and on the fritz.  Time for a new fancy one, but it's just not in the budget right now.  Anyway, I don't blog when I don't have photos to post, so thus the lack of updates.

For now, some old photos of Jack and Ben with their awesome hair will have to suffice.  I miss their blond curls!  These photos were taken in November of 2009, three years ago in Nashville.  They also make me miss the Nashville Fall!

Leaf pile

Ben

Jack

No comments:

Post a Comment