Thursday, August 12, 2010

1st grade pete

Twin brothers not included!

Pete chose the "gold" shirt to wear on his first day! His teacher was very kind and seemed like she'll be great. When I asked Pete how the day was, he said, "It was Awesome!"

This year I did something new and created a "Teacher Survival Kit" to give Pete's 1st grade teacher as a gift on the first day back to school. I don't know where I got the idea, but I'm sure I must have read about it somewhere?! I included some helpful things for the teacher including: energy bars, emergency quarters for the soda machine, Tylenol, "Airborne" (the supplement that is supposed to prevent illness if you take it when you just start to feel a cold coming on), hand sanitizer (the good smelling stuff), lip balm, gum, a package of travel tissues in a cute homemade tissue holder, a homemade lanyard in a fun material (since the teachers have to wear their ID badges at school), some fun teacher stuff like stickers, cute post-its, and a fun apple shaped timer I found at Target's dollar spot. Anyway, I had a lot of fun being creative with it and I think it turned out really cute (of course I didn't get a good photo of it- darn)! I will make it a tradition to do every year from now on.

3 comments:

  1. That teacher gift is such a cute idea. I used to love when I was younger, because my mom was a teacher and shed get all of these silly gifts so I would get them :). But I think she would have kept that one. Im glad Pete enjoyed his first day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow. That sure beats apple for teacher!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cool! Of course a past teacher can think of the perfect teacher gift! I'm sure your kids' teachers love you! Do you remember the Ruesh twins? They are our after-school custodians now, time flies!

    ReplyDelete