Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Double the warm fuzzies!

When I walked out of the doctor's office after first finding out that I was having twins, I was in a state of shock, panic, and confusion. I soon felt feelings of disappointment and something I can only describe as "freaked out." As I talked to people, their responses to the news were usually something like shock and maybe some freaking out in my behalf. A few people were really positive, but mostly they were really kind of sorry for me I think (as I was for myself).

The few people that I talked with that actually have twins were a different story. They didn't seem shocked, just excited. They didn't seem sorry for me at all. In fact, one woman whose twins are now young adults said that she wishes twins on everyone. She actually used those words "We wish twins on everyone!" I couldn't believe she was saying that. I thought it was a very mean thing to say at the time and I was a little annoyed that she wished twins on ME!

The last few months have been insane at times and I still felt a little sorry for myself, but I am sleeping at night and waking up to not one adorable smiling baby face, but two at the same time! I do love it and although I don't wish twins on everyone, I am starting to come around to that crazy lady's way of thinking!

I love my two baby boys Jack and Ben! (Ben is the first photo and Jack is on the bottom)

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous12:03 PM

    Thanks for sharing your inner most thoughts and feelings. I think I would have been a little freaked out at first if I had been in your shoes. Perhaps its just a reflection of just how much God trusts you, letting you have two at once.

    ReplyDelete